Welcome to our blog

Tired of writing boilerplate JSON models? I built a tool to stop the madness.

📅 June 22, 2026

Let’s be honest: one of the most tedious parts of developing for Flutter is writing fromJson and toJson methods. When you have a complex JSON response from an API, you can easily spend 30 minutes manually typing out model classes, making sure you don’t miss a single nullable field or nested list.


I reached a point of frustration with this routine last week. Instead of continuing to deal with manual conversions, I decided to build a dedicated helper tool to handle this task automatically.

🛠️ Meet "JSON to Dart Pro"

I wanted to create an option that functions directly, generating clean, production-ready model code. I built JSON to Dart Pro to address a few specific developer frustrations:

  • Null Safety: Debugging runtime errors in production can be frustrating. This utility generates code that fully respects Dart's null safety standards out of the box.

  • Nested Objects: When your JSON structures are deep, the tool handles it cleanly. It automatically parses and creates the necessary sub-classes so you do not have to break your coding workflow.

  • List Handling: Dealing with nested lists of objects is often where manual parsing becomes error-prone. The logic in this tool processes list-type transformations smoothly, keeping your data layer predictable.

🌐 Why I Made This Open Source

While working to improve my daily workflow, I figured that if this task was consuming too much of my time, other Flutter developers were likely facing the same struggle. Consequently, I decided to make the project open source.

I have pushed the entire codebase to GitHub. It is built as a clean Flutter Web implementation that can be accessed directly from any browser. You are very welcome to clone the repository, explore the implementation, or open a pull request if you have ideas for additional features.

You can check out the open-source repository here: [JSON to Dart Pro GitHub Repository]

How do you currently handle model generation in your projects? Do you rely on IDE plugins, generic web tools, or are you still hand-coding your model structures? Let me know in the comment section below!

📚 Other Projects and Guides You Might Find Useful

Developing this utility was all about optimizing time, similar to some of my previous productivity and design projects. If you found this tool deep-dive helpful, you might also enjoy these resources:

  • Automating Financial Calculations: Explore our guide on building a [Real Estate ROI & Mortgage Calculator], where we automate complex loan amortization logic.

  • Speeding Up Design Workflows: Learn how to integrate AI tools into your visual creations by checking out our step-by-step guide on [Canva’s AI Tools Workflow].

I am constantly working on tools and guides to simplify technical tasks. Subscribe to the blog if you would like to follow my upcoming releases and open-source experiments!